Following the guidelines of Beijing Reform and Development Commission published on February 22nd, Beijing Film Bureau issued “An Epidemic Preventive Guidelines to Beijing Film Industry on Resuming Work During the Covid-19». There are rules and conditions regulating the permission for production companies to shoot in the city of Beijing, but we think it’s a good sign and hopefully soon the same announcement will be made for Shanghai. Below are the details of the document and conditions.
- Film production unites shall formulate epidemic prevention and control plans and emergency response plans before resuming work, and the fixed office location shall be able to resume work only if conditions permit according to the provisions and requirements of the territory;
- Staff must have a temperature check before entering the office area. Those with a temperature above 37.3 degrees are not allowed to enter office area
- If there are fewer than 50 outdoor or indoor members (including actors and staff) they can resume filming in this city. The temperature of the cast and crew shall not be higher than 37.3 degrees. The cast and crew do not have to wear masks when performing, but shall wear masks after performance is finished.
- In principle, if the number of crew members exceeds 50, they shall not start shooting in this city before the end of the epidemic. The specific time at which shooting shall be allowed shall be separately announced by the municipal and district departments in charge of the industry. To start shooting a special film, an application shall be submitted to the district department in charge of the place where the shooting site is located. The time, place, number of people involved and preventative measures taken shall be taken into account.
- Disinfection should be carried out on the facilities and equipment in the office, the shoot site, and the personnel who have more contact with the sites, and hand sanitiser or relevant disinfection articles should be provided at the office and the shoot site.
- The office area and shoot site shall strictly control the entry of irrelevant personnel and establish personnel registration system.
- Employees returning from other places must be isolated and under medical observation for 14 days and show no abnormality before they can start work. Until the outbreak is over, cast and crew members from (or via) affected areas are temporarily banned from joining cast and crew.
- If fever or body abnormality is found, the relevant personnel should be isolated immediately and seek medical advice promptly.
- When shooting outside of Beijing, the crew shall abide by / execute relevant local regulations and requirements.