A SPACE TO CREATE
At Central Studios, our promise is to simplify the challenges of realising a vision in China, achieved through technical expertise, practical application and local knowledge.
Central Studios has earned a reputation as Shanghai’s leading photo studio and dependable production partner servicing world leading brands with a team of dedicated, passionate and curious people who are willing to go the extra yard to deliver on this promise to our clients.
Digital Department Manager
You will possess a keen understanding and passion for technical matters relating to post production and digital asset creation, including knowledge of relevant software, hardware, and IT issues. A practical, systematic mindset will be a natural requirement in analysing the various workflow and execution tasks that pass through the department on a daily basis. The Digital Department is instrumental in the final delivery of our projects.
You will be a key part of our content production team managing resource allocation, including editors, retouchers, other team members, as well as equipment.
• Oversee the flow of digital assets (both photo and video) from capture to delivery. Working with our Producers, you will manage the post production process, timelines and budgets ensuring the job requirements are met.
• Sit in with client meetings and manage communication throughout the post production process
• Use your management expertise to streamline processes, improve efficiency and make other improvements as necessary to create a more productive, innovative department.
• Ensure that the digital systems are in optimal condition including helping to manage the various upgrades and technology improvements and archiving systems.
• Establish post production budgets and estimates based on job requirements.
• Effectively plan and manage the resources allocation including workstations, and overseeing the scheduling of staff to ensure all project demands are met.
• Assist in recruiting and on-boarding of new team members.
• Develop and source relevant and cost effective third party vendors to fulfil specific job requirements.
• The position answers to the CEO and works alongside the Production team. You will maintain regular communication to share learning and report the team’s operational performance.
TO SUCCEED AT THIS JOB YOU SHOULD:
• have at least 5 years in a similar position, industry experience helpful.
• be a strong project manager with the ability to inspire and lead your teams to meet their targets.
• be fluent in Chinese and English
• have a strong understand of all Creative Suite and editing programs as well as other relevant office software - keynote, office etc.
• have a strong understanding of the video post production and editing process.
• have strong analytical skills and a proven ability to manage and set targets.
• be a good communicator to connect with internal and external partners all around the world and inChina.
• be a University graduate.
• be culturally connected to pulse of art, music, fashion and technology, ensuring our projects are internationally relevant while embracing the cultural sensitivity of the local market.www.centralstudios.cn
Shanghai / 上海
1F Building 1 751 South Huangpi Road 200025